A Summary of Walker Filtration’s response to COVID-19
Posted on June 2nd, 2020
At Walker Filtration the health and safety of our people comes first. In these unprecedented times, the government has classified businesses such as ours as essential. We are therefore committed to doing all that we can to safeguard our people and continue to support our customers.
PROTECTING OUR PEOPLE
Walker Filtration is adhering to the advice and guidelines provided by the Government and World Health Organisation. We are taking all appropriate precautions including (but not limited to):
- We comply with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
- We are following social distancing practices and have implemented measures to ensure we meet regulatory guidance from the government and health authorities.
- We have implemented home working for those who can work from home and shift working for those who can’t to reduce the number of people on site.
- We have intensified cleaning and provide disinfecting facilities.
- We ensure handwashing facilities/sanitiser stations are readily available.
- Our employees are asked to self-isolate as per the guidance if they feel unwell.
- We have suspended all travel unless ‘business critical’.
- We only permit ‘business critical’ deliveries and visitors onto our site.
SUPPORTING OUR CUSTOMERS
These are difficult times for everyone. Just like us, our customers are experiencing many different challenges as they face the uncertainty and impact of COVID-19. We recognise this and have worked hard to remain in constant contact with our customers. Open and honest communication is key, allowing us to manage expectations and reassure them that we remain committed to supporting them through the current crisis. By monitoring and adapting to the changing circumstances we have been able to respond quickly to customer demands. Across our business we have accepted the need to be flexible in the way we resource our operations, prioritising actions to avoid disruption to our supply chain and implementing measures to help manage demand and share information proactively. Ultimately our goal is to reduce the risk for our customers, allowing them to receive what they need and continue to carry out their important work.
As a business, we believe everyone has a role to play during these extraordinary times and would like to thank our customers and suppliers for their continuing cooperation and support during these difficult times. To all of our employees who continue to work tirelessly with passion and commitment to deliver for our customers, we thank you.
Looking ahead, we will continue to monitor the situation closely and will act with urgency to ensure we continue to protect our employees and support our customers.